23 Sep 2010
While many dogs are well-behaved (and talented), the dogs in the video below, created by the musical group OK GO, take dog training to new choreographic heights. Take a look:
I’m not sure I could ever get my two pooches (pictured below with a friend) to act like the ones in this video, but they will do almost anything for a healthy (and not so healthy) treat:
Healthy Dog Treats
(adapted from his post)
Makes 12 dog biscuits
What You Need:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oats
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut, almond or cashew butter
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup minced mint
1/4 cup minced parsley
cookie cutters (large or small)
What To do:
1. In bowl, whisk dry ingredients.
2. In separate bowl, beat butter with peanut butter; beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
3. Stir in flour mixture, mint and parsley to make soft dough.
4. Divide in half; wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
6. Using cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
7. Arrange cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 325°F until golden and firm, 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Transfer to rack; let cool.