20 Aug 2012
Lately I’ve been blogging to a beach party of one…me. Earlier this summer, I started squirreling away posts ideas. New ideas kept tumbling into the pot. Unfortunately, I did not keep a close enough watch on the swirling wellspring and it boiled over. I was all poised to push the pause button on the whole exercise and let the unpublished draft simmer down, and then the pot kept going round and round.
These 10 timely ideas rose to the top:
- Put pests in their place with this DIY bug zapper tutorial (yes, it is eco-friendly and humane).
- My husband will be happy to know that if air conditioning could make me fat, and maybe even sick, I just might be persuaded…But not this summer.
- Just for fun: Don’t these Monkey Orchids make you smile?
- I have more than a few problems with the word “unconsumption.” The Unconsuption blog says, “Unconsumption means enjoying the things you own to the fullest – not just at the moment of acquisition.” I can live with that.
- I swore I wouldn’t stir the political pot, but doesn’t this list scare the living daylights out you?
- I generally think Dr. Andrew Weil is on the right track. I’m a sucker for posts that reveal weight-loss without deprivation. This post left me hungry…and thinking I should be dancing more.
- As an ex-teacher, the end of summer always brings stirrings, especially when I read poetic notes written to school kids.
- Don’t you wish politicians would sacrifice more to make this world a better place? (OK, I broke the political promise, but I hope you agree it was worth it.)
- The balance between creating and consuming lures me into stuff like this. Then I worry that I suffer from stuff like this?
- Did you know that 90% of all Americans get married? I tied the knot 29 years ago today, and really have no revealing sage advice, except love, luck…oh, and the secret of a long marriage still seems to be a secret.
Photo: Ted Fink